As a customer-orientated business, we aim to provide you with a service that exceeds your every expectation. If your question is not answered below, please give us a call and we’ll be happy to provide all the answers you need before we buy your scrap car.

Customer Questions:

How long does it take to remove my car?
Usually, it takes between 5 - 10 minutes to assess your car and load it onto our recovery vehicle. It may take longer depending on the location of your car and how difficult it is to remove.

Do I need to be present when you arrive?
Someone will need to be present in order for us to complete the paper and to also take a copy of the Photo I.D / Utility Bill.

What do I do with the log book/v5 registration document for my scrapped car?
All you need to do is detach one small section of the log book, sign it and send it off to the DVLA (the address is on the back). If you need to ask any questions, you can ask our drivers who will be happy to help you. Or give us a call and we’ll provide you with all the information and advice you need.

What if I do not have a log book/V5 document?
Don’t worry, it’s not a problem. You'll need to notify DVLA in writing that you have disposed of your vehicle with us. A 'Certificate of Destruction' will also be issued.

Do you inform the DVLA?
We take your vehicle to our Authorised Treatment Facility (ATF) where its then recycled. Your car is then de-registered with the DVLA and a Certificate of Destruction issued.

Do I have to inform the DVLA?
Our driver will leave section 9 of the V5C (log book) with you. You need to sign this and send off to the DVLA.

How do I declare my car is off the road (SORN)?
You can also complete a SORN online, in the post office, or via telephone. If you are unsure about completing a SORN, ask one of our drivers who will be more than happy to help you. If theres any remaining tax lest of the vehicle then you will automatically receive a refund from DVLA when the section 9 is sent off or a COD issued. More HERE 

How do I receive payment for my car?
Methods of payments for buying scrap vehicles are either a cheque payment on collection or a same day bank transfer.

We can no longer pay cash due to the scrap metal dealers act

What is a waste carriers license?
A waste carriers license is a license from the Environmental Agency. Anyone who carries waste has to have a waste carriers license by law. All of our drivers have valid and up to date waste carriers licences.

What if I have lost the keys to my car?
Just leave it to us – We'll always do our best when collecting any vehicle. If the vehicle is accessible then we'll collect it!

What is an ELV?
ELV stands for ‘End of Life Vehicle’. That means it is a vehicle that has reached the end of its life naturally.

What do I do with previous history for the car?
Any previous history can be left in the glove box or kept with the V5 document.

  • Visit our eBay Shop

    Delivery Timescales For Mail Order Parts & Telephone Orders
    The Delivery Timescale Will Be Conformed At Point Of Ordering
    Telephone Queries: 01773 531166/531188/530581
    Email Queries: info@salvogroup.co.uk 
  • Part Worn Tyres For Sale

    salvo site
    Buy good quality used tyres for low prices at Salvo Group. We sell to trade, export and to the general public. All of our part-worn tyres have treads within legal limits and are safe to use. Contact us now for more details.
  • All General Parts

    We now specialize in parts for all makes and models, all parts are tested and guaranteed for 90 days. We can also ship used parts worldwide, please contact our sales team directly on 01773 531166/531188 or check out our Ebay shop.